Go Back   Pet Lovers Forum > Cat chat group > Cat Forums you can interact with cat lovers
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Cat Forums you can interact with cat lovers Discuss behavior, health and husbandry Pet lovers that volunteer their time and money saving and rehabilitating the ferals.

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2002, 10:01 AM

withee is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How far can cats wander from home? Please post if your lost cat has been found away from home. Need information.

As stated before, our two favorite cats disappeared from our property April 23rd and we have recently received a tip that they may be about 8 miles from our home. I am just grasping at straws thinking this could be them as the older couple are not really sure about what they look like other than they look something like ours. I am checking it out, as a neighbor about 2 miles from our home had told us that they had seen cats that they thought looked very much like ours, about a week after they disappeared. They were in the same general direction from where they may have been spotted this time. I am putting out a live trap there to see if I can catch any of the cats. They say there are about 6 in the area, some are feral cats that have been there some time. Am
I crazy to keep looking on the off chance they are still alive after over 10 weeks that they have been gone? I don't feel right not checking out every lead as it is possible that it could be them....Not likely, but possible and I would never forgive myself if it was then and I never checked.
How far can cats stray and why do they stray from a loving home??? Any info is appreciated.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Spurl this Post!Reddit! Wong this Post!
Old 07-13-2002, 08:13 AM

Dr.D is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How far can cats wander from home? Please post if your lost cat has been found away from home. Need information.

It sure doesn't hurt to see whether the cats are yours. I had a friend whose cat was stolen and dumped by an evil neighbor who hated cats. It took six months, but the cat found his way home.

Old 07-14-2002, 12:39 AM

KL is on a distinguished road

Yes, check it out! Dr. D is right, some people take cats and dump them far from the neighborhood. Good luck and let us know what you find out.

Lisa Doyle
Cat and Feral Cat Moderator
End Euthanasia As The Answer To Feline Overpopulation - Spay or Neuter Your Cat!>^..^<
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Spurl this Post!Reddit! Wong this Post!
Old 07-15-2002, 08:07 AM

lucidity03 is on a distinguished road

I would check it out. If nothing else, I bet you'd be saying 'what if' for years if you didn't. What does it hurt to check?

If they are your cats, there are so many factors that could've taken them 8 miles away. You never know.

Good luck and I hope to hear good news from you soon.
Old 07-16-2002, 01:01 AM

mom of three again is on a distinguished road

Personally I would check it out!

I wish you the best!

Leslie-Ann,
Moderator,
Cats,
Feral Cats,
Herbal Remedies,
Pet Memorial,
and Just for Kids.
Old 07-23-2002, 10:09 PM

withee is on a distinguished road

Just wanted to update everyone. I picked up my trap yesterday from the couple who thought they had seen my cats there. The lady seemed a little confused whether she had seen my cats or her own.
I was very disappointed that I wasn't able to catch any cats to see if they were mine. They had caught a couple but the cats had been the wild ones that they recognized as being there for a long time. I had the name of a nearby farm on my caller ID last Friday morning. They did not leave a message but thought for sure it would be about my cats. Have left several messages which appeared to have been picked up but no return call. I have driven out there (about a mile from my house) but there appears to be no one there and the no trespassing signs are all over. Apparently they do not get their mail there (according to post master) and so I think they must live elsewhere. It is very frustrating when they do not return my calls to at least let me know why someone had called. Am getting so desperate, I am actually thinking of contacting a physic, something I would normally not even think of doing. I just need to know if they are alive and I should keep searching or if they are dead and I am just wasting my time and money, continuing to look. If they are alive, I MUST find them. They are "My Kids"
Old 07-24-2002, 04:15 AM

Dr.D is on a distinguished road

I have a friend who lost a cat when she was pet sitting for another friend. To say the least, she was horrified that she lost her friend's cat! She called a psychic and this lady told her exactly where to look. Lo-and-behold, when my friend went there, the cat was just sitting there waiting to be found!

With that said....I don't know that I really believe that this can work. But, if it will help put your mind at ease, why not try?

Old 07-25-2002, 02:33 AM

kariann5 is on a distinguished road

I feel for you about your missing cats and admire your devotion to them. I hope that they do turn up. In the meantime, you might think about talking to someone and maybe start dealing with the loss. I don't know what kind of programs they have in your area that deal with pet loss but I have heard of them. Good luck in finding your beloved kitties.

Pet Lovers Forum > Cat chat group > Cat Forums you can interact with cat lovers