Go Back   Pet Lovers Forum > Cat chat group > Cat Forums you can interact with cat lovers
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Cat Forums you can interact with cat lovers Discuss behavior, health and husbandry Pet lovers that volunteer their time and money saving and rehabilitating the ferals.

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2002, 04:30 PM

Default Re: Lump on cats head!!!!!

My female tabby that is about 14 yrs old has a lump on her head that is protruding out from her fur. I can touch it and it does not hurt her. Sometimers in goes down a littlle smaller than comes back up again. Seems to be liquid filled and does not bother her. She seems fine otherwise but has lost a little wight in the last little while , but seems to eat and go to bathroom just fine and still has some spunk to her. She has a playmate that is about six years old and still plays with her. Any opinions.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Spurl this Post!Reddit! Wong this Post!
Old 03-06-2002, 04:47 PM

Sounds like a cyst on her head. It is probably filled with fluid. My 3-year old cat had something similar on her foot once and the vet lanced it and gave her antibiotics. She was fine in no time. It's best to have it looked at by a vet. If it was to become infected it could cause more serious problems. Hope kitty will be fine. I had an 18 year cat and they age just like us. Treasure your sweet senior pet.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Spurl this Post!Reddit! Wong this Post!
Old 03-06-2002, 08:38 PM

Patti:

My Girl Velvet has had the same thing on going for over 5 years. I may be wrong but it may be like acne in us silly humans. If it is a concern I recommend checking it out with a vet. I would be interested in the diagnosis. In any case it isn't worth losing sleep about as Velvet a tabby Maine coone is doing well.
Old 03-07-2002, 04:50 AM

Just to put in my two cents.... My Alistair had a lump similarly sounding as the one your girl has on his ear and my vet treated it as a bruse and it has gone away on it's own.

Please let your vet have a look it is better to be safe than sorry!

Best wishes and keep us posted!
Old 03-07-2002, 04:54 AM

One of our cats had a lump on the top of her head, only it was very hard and solid. We took her to the vet and someone had shot her with a pellet gun. It went through her ear and lodged on her scalp.
Old 03-07-2002, 10:57 AM

First thing I thought of once you said she has a playmate is that it may be an abscess. My little Salem got one on his side from Tipper when they were play-fighting (which burst on it's own and the vet gave us antibiotics). Also our dearly departed Sparkles had one directly on top of her head. It eventually burst and left her with a bald spot for a couple of weeks. [img]redface.gif[/img] Both of these happened from a puncture wound that got infected. Just MHO! Let us know how your kitty is doing.

Pet Lovers Forum > Cat chat group > Cat Forums you can interact with cat lovers