Go Back   Pet Lovers Forum > Reptile Forum > Reptile and Amphibians
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Reptile and Amphibians Here's a place to ask questions about setting up, breeding, or keeping all types of herps. including tarantulas, scorpions, millipedes, centipedes, terrestrial hermit crabs, etc.

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2000, 08:15 AM

Default Re: White Crickets?

Hello,
Why do some of my crickets turn white? Is it okay to feed the white crickets to my Anoles?

Regards
Danielle E.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Spurl this Post!Reddit! Wong this Post!
Old 12-24-2000, 12:56 PM

utside of the body and the crickets have to shed it in order to grow. White crickets are ones that have just shed and are softer than other crickets you will notice and after a while the outer shell will harden and be normal color but you can feed the crickets while their white. HTH

------------------
You can pick your nose.

You can pick your friends.

But you cant pick your friends nose!!!

Kyle
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Spurl this Post!Reddit! Wong this Post!
Old 12-24-2000, 06:11 PM

Thanks for letting me know, I'm glad to know they are not diseased. :-)

Danielle

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ksmarts:
Crickets are insects and insects have an exoskeloton. This is like a hard casing on the outside of the body and the crickets have to shed it in order to grow. White crickets are ones that have just shed and are softer than other crickets you will notice and after a while the outer shell will harden and be normal color but you can feed the crickets while their white. HTH
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 12-27-2000, 02:48 PM

i think its better to feed them when the crickets have no hard skeleton because it would be easier to digest and eat. sprinkle them with calcium powder when you do.

Pet Lovers Forum > Reptile Forum > Reptile and Amphibians